Scented body wash is a fun way to wake up your senses in the morning or calm them down at night. Body wash can also provide valuable nourishment to your skin, if it contains the right ingredients. Try making this easy DIY Body Wash with your favourite essential oils.
Makes: 200 g | Prep time: < 5 min.
- 65g liquid Castile soap
- 15-20 drops of essential oils
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 135g water
Some essential oils you can use for this recipe is doTERRA’s Balance, Peppermint or Lemongrass for that fresh, invigorating start to your day. Lavender, Geranium or Cypress is great to relax and unwind before bed. Don’t be limited by my suggestions though. Use oils that will make you feel great throughout the day, or help you sleep at night.
- Add Castile soap, coconut oil and essential oils directly into your soap dispenser (a foaming pump bottle must be used for this recipe) and mix until combined.
- Wait a few minutes (this gives the essential oils time to disperse within the Castile soap), slowly add water making sure to leave room for the foaming pump.
- Add lid, shake, and you are good to go!
- Add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil if you have dry skin.
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- Be aware that citrus oils are best avoided prior to sun exposure as they increase the skin’s photo sensitivity.
- You can get Castile soap HERE and Vitamin E Oil HERE (or your local health food shop)
- Foaming pump bottles can be found HERE. Make sure to only use glass or PET Amber bottles. Plastic containers can destroy the efficacy of essential oils and also cause leakage.
A tip before adding oils directly to a large batch…
Pop a teaspoon of coconut oil into a bowl and add a smaller ratio of oils. Apply it to your arms and legs and see if you like the smell. Tweak it until you have reached your version of perfect and go ahead with your larger batch. REMEMBER to make notes or you’ll kick yourself when you’ve forgotten what you added to your body wash and can’t replicate it (or avoid it)!
Like this recipe? Want to learn more about including essential oils in your life? Click HERE to rid your body of toxic chemicals.