Let’s focus on boosting our immune systems and keeping as healthy as possible right now. Today I made a delicious smoothie + ice cream for the family. The great thing about this is that you can throw in any fruit and veg that you like. Today I’ve chosen the following for their immune boosting powers:
- Berries – high in vitamin c, berries are a great source of flavanols which are highly effective antioxidants.
- Banana – As a super source of vitamin B-6, bananas can also aid your immune system, help form red blood cells, ensure a well-functioning nervous system, and assist protein metabolism.
- Mango – vitamin A, folate, vitamin K, vitamin E and several B vitamins, which all aid your immunity.
- Spinach – is always in our smoothies/ice creams not just because it’s rich in vitamin C. It’s also packed with numerous antioxidants and beta carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems.
- Chia seeds – rich in antioxidants, these little beauties boost your immune system as a side effect of balanced gut health from consuming the them.
- Nectarine – Great sources of vitamin C, beta-carotene, and lutein. Nectarines improve immunity, protect vision, prevent many fatal diseases, improve skin health, aid in digestion and fight against numerous abdominal ailments.
- doTERRA Ginger essential oil – is a strong antioxidant that has been shown to naturally boost the immune system. … Ginger helps kill cold viruses and has been said to combat chills and fever.
- doTERRA Sweet orange – Limonene, which is present in orange peel oil, is a powerful defender against oxidative stress that can negatively affect our immune systems.
- doTERRA cinnamon essential oil – supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system when needed most.
- Elektra Magnesium Chloride Flakes – Magnesium should be the go-to immune system support strategy, alongside vitamin C, when defending against viruses in the environment. It plays a key role in your immune system, nerves, and muscles, and helps keep your heart and bones strong.
Put everything in your food processor, NutriBullet or blender and whip for a minute. Enjoy!
*Please don’t add any old essential oils to your cooking, they MUST be high quality, 100% pure essential oils with no added fragrance or synthetics. I use and recommend doTERRA. If you’d like to know more about these oils, please feel free to contact me.
**Not all magnesium is created equal, please use only FOOD GRADE Magnesium Flakes, like Elektra Magnesium Flakes.