There’s nothing better on a hot summer day that a quick and easy salad. This is a great dish as it can be served as a main or as a side.
Serves 5 as a main, or 8 – 10 as a side. Keeps very well.
- 1 1/4 cups dried couscous
- 1 1/4 cups / 315 ml boiled water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder (or 1 cube crumbled)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 120 g baby spinach
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 220 g jar sun dried tomato strips in OIL
- 1–2 drops Lemon Oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 drop Coriander Oil, or to taste-optional
- 60 g feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: You can add 1 cup of cooked chicken for extra protein
- Place couscous, vegetable stock powder, coriander and garlic in a large bowl. Pour over hot water, shake to level out couscous. Cover with plate, set aside for 5-6 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with fork. Cool a bit.
- Combine Lemon, Black Pepper and Coriander Essential Oil with the oil of the sun-dried tomatoes. Then add the parsley, onion, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and lemon juice. Toss well to combine.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with feta. Serve.
*Please don’t add any old essential oils to your cooking, they MUST be high quality, 100% pure essential oils with no added fragrance or synthetics. I use and recommend doTERRA. If you’d like to know more about these oils, please feel free to contact me.