Help relieve the pain and stress of pregnancy with a blissful pregnancy massage.
I studied with Pregnancy Massage Australia to obtain a Certificate of Pregnancy Massage so I can use specialised massage techniques to alleviate pain and discomfort, whilst promoting relaxation. You are treated in positions that are comfortable for both you and your baby, supported and surrounded by pillows. Because of my certification, you can enjoy massage throughout your entire pregnancy.
As the baby grows often excess strain and tension is placed on your back and the elasticity of your skin. It is highly recommended to have a regular program of massage during your pregnancy to reduce stress, alleviate discomfort and prevent the development of stretch marks. Let me give you my full attention and care!
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Increase circulation, which helps to transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells better. This then provides your baby with better nourishment and oxygen supply. Increasing circulation also helps reduces the chances of varicose veins forming.
- Regular pregnancy massage helps to soften the muscles around the lungs and thoracic cage, which helps to expand breathing capability and provide more oxygen to your baby.
- Improves skin elasticity, increases flexibility and tone to the muscles, which can help ease muscle cramps and reduce stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Massage works very effectively on the nervous system to induce a sense of calm, which then, in turn, helps you to sleep better and help your baby to grow healthier.
- Eases lower back pain associated with pregnancy through addressing the lumbosacral tilt that occurs.
- Regular massage during pregnancy can help to relieve those tense shoulders, chest, and back and also help prepare you for the breastfeeding stage where you will be leaning over baby a lot.
- Massage helps to maintain correct posture, which then alleviates shoulder, neck and lower back pain.
- When you are pregnant your blood volume increases as much as 40%, which can the stress the lymphatic system, and increase fluid retention. Massage can reduce edema
- Lastly, recent research studies indicate that pregnancy massage does more than just give symptom relief. The Touch Research Institute in Miami, Florida did some case studies and found that as well as all the above-listed benefits the women also had fewer complications during their delivery as well as fewer postnatal complications. The report stated shorter hospital stays and shorter labor times.
- 30 minutes – $55
- 45 minutes – $65
- 60 minutes – $85
- 90 minutes – $125
- 120 minutes – $165