Help relieve the pain and stress of pregnancy with a blissful pregnancy massage.
Monica has studied with Pregnancy Massage Australia to obtain a Certificate of Pregnancy Massage. This means she can use specialised massage techniques to alleviate pain and discomfort, whilst promoting relaxation. You are treated in positions that are comfortable for both you and your baby, supported and surrounded by pillows. Because of this certification, you can enjoy massage throughout your entire pregnancy.
It is highly recommended to have a regular program of massage during your pregnancy to reduce stress, alleviate discomfort and prevent the development of stretch marks.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Increase circulation, which helps to transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells better. This then provides your baby with better nourishment and oxygen supply. Increasing circulation also helps reduces the chances of varicose veins forming.
- Regular pregnancy massage helps to soften the muscles around the lungs and thoracic cage, which helps to expand breathing capability and provide more oxygen to your baby.
- Improves skin elasticity, increases flexibility and tone to the muscles, which can help ease muscle cramps and reduce stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Eases lower back pain associated with pregnancy through addressing the lumbosacral tilt that occurs.
- When you are pregnant your blood volume increases as much as 40%, which can stress the lymphatic system, and increase fluid retention. Massage can reduce edema.
- Lastly, recent research studies indicate that pregnancy massage does more than just give symptom relief. The Touch Research Institute in Miami, Florida did some case studies and found that as well as all the above-listed benefits the women also had fewer complications during their delivery as well as fewer postnatal complications. The report stated shorter hospital stays and shorter labour times.
- 1hr 10 minutes $94
- 1hr 40 minutes $134
No need to come early, arriving at your scheduled time is just fine. We would love to save the earth by saving paper, so it would be appreciated if you could please fill out the form that will be emailed to you once book ahead of your appointment.