Swedish massage can help you relax, ease anxiety, give you more energy and may help after an injury. It is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension. Using gentle-to-medium pressure, each kneading and stretching motion is adapted to your needs and is used specifically to warm your muscles and loosen your joints.
Your nervous system also benefits from Swedish massage, which is why it’s so closely associated with relaxation and pampering. In fact, regular massage is often recommended as part of an overall stress management program.
The benefits of Swedish Massage include:
- Improves circulation
- Relieves muscular tension
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Relaxes muscles and reduces pain
- Improves the range of movement
- Promotes an increased feeling of well-being and relaxation
- It stimulates your lymphatic system, helping the body to rid itself of stored toxins and strengthening your immune system. The elimination of these toxins and metabolic wastes shortens recovery time after intense exercise.