Not only is it fun and will save you lots of money, making your own DIY hand sanitiser can be more important than you think!
Simply put: antibacterial products kill ALL the bacteria on your hands; including the GOOD bacteria you need for healthy skin and a properly functioning immune system. In fact, they have been shown to weaken your immune system!
This is the perfect reason to learn how to make your own DIY hand sanisizer. Not to mention, the chemicals in store-bought hand sanitizer is full of toxic chemicals that do NOT do your body any good…
There are two ways in which you can make up your hand sanitiser, with or without alcohol. I have chosen to use doTERRA’s On Guard Essential Oil for it’s ability to protect you against airborne germs as well as support a healthy immune system.
- 5 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 8–10 drops doTERRA On Guard Essential Oil
- 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol (optional)
- In a bowl, combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend to aloe vera mixture.
- Add water and mix well to combine. Add more or less water depending on the consistency you want.
- Pour into container. Note: High quality essential oils can be stored in plastic containers if highly diluted.
- Place your homemade hand cleanser in your bag, car, or office to make sure you have it on hand in times of need.
- 50ml spray bottle
- 20 drops doTERRA On Guard Essential Oil
- 1 squirt liquid coconut oil
- Top up with Witch Hazel
Like this recipe? Want to learn more about including essential oils in your life? Click HERE to rid your home and body of toxic chemicals.
CORONAVIRUS DISCLAIMER: This hand sanitizer is not a substitute for proper hand washing. While this home remedy contains commonly-accepted natural antiviral ingredients, it has never been tested in a lab to determine it’s efficacy against viruses such as the coronavirus.